Birthdate: October 28th, 1965
Weight: 291 lbs.
Debut: May 25th, 1992
Background: Sumo Wrestling
Promotion History: All Japan (1992 to 2000) and NOAH (2000 to present)
Ring Attire: Multi-colored and double-strapped singlet
Card Position: Opener to Mid-Card
Major Tournaments Won: None
Championship History: IWA Tag Team Championship and the All Asia Tag Team Championship
Current Title Held: None
- October 6th, 1998 with Honda vs. Wolf Hawkfield and Johnny Smith (title win)
- February 13th, 1999 with Honda vs. Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki (title defense)
- March 24th, 2000 vs. Wolf Hawkfield (tournament match)
- April 26th, 2002 with Shouichi Ichimiya vs. Matsuda and Takashi Uwano (title win)
- January 22nd, 2006 with Kenta Kobashi vs. Akebono and Takeshi Rikio
- Izumida with a double clothesline
- The Mongolian Chop to Akebono
- Mukado Domu
A heavyweight wrestler, Izumida did not have any high profile matches in 2005 but was very active on the cards. Izumida bounced around the card, picking up pinfalls when he opened shows and usually took the fall when he wrestled at the top. He was very versatile, however, and is an important part of the roster.
2006 was rather uneventful for Izumida. He spent much of the year opening events and did not have any major storylines. He took part in the GHC Heavyweight Title Contender Tournament, but lost in the first round to Sano. Other then that Izumida did not do much as even though he is a respected veteran he is not considered a title threat.
More of the same in 2007 for Izumida, as he hasn't gotten any younger and continued wrestling towards the beginning of the cards. On the Budokan shows he only picked up one victory which was in the opening match, and he did not participate in any of the tournaments.
Back to Unaffiliated Wrestlers